Saturday, April 2, 2011

Everybody is stupid

Having kids really changes things.

I use to seek danger, excitement and mayhem, always having fun along the way. Today my love and I took the kids on a mystery trip, similar to the random adventures my parents use to take my brother and I on. Shortly into the rubber hitting dirt, mere miles from civilization, we were in mortal peril.

Not much beyond the typical that I've grown accustomed too, but suddenly other people relied on me to save the day. I haven't been "scared" like that in awhile.

As the adrenaline flowed through my veins I recalled all the times my dad scared the poo out of us. His calm demeanor replaced my nervous apprehension and I thought carefully through the situation.

Shortly we were on the way and the rest of the adventure went smooth as a white russian into the open mouth of impatient oblivion.

It was a brilliant way to spend my first pagan new year as a thirty something and I couldn't have asked for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment