Monday, February 14, 2011

This is sparta

Please read this http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/93/revolt.html before reading further. If you take what I'm about to say out of context then you won't get it.

I have, once again, been accused of being crazy. What these people do not understand is me. In High School I use to lose sleep with the weight of the world on my shoulders. 12 years down the road and the same thing still happens. I wouldn't say it's a problem, I just care too much. Sometimes I love too much, live too much, laugh too much and drink too much. That doesn't make me crazy.

I am sick of living in a country, living in a world and dealing with people that let "the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men" get in the way of common since. I don't know what I can do about it. But I'll be damned if I do nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Check out Bob Dylan, Slow Train Coming, "When You Gonna Wake Up". No one person can fix all of the problems on our planet. But, we can make a difference where we live. I've found inspiration from St. Francis's prayer:
    Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
    Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
    Where there is injury, pardon.
    Where there is doubt, faith.
    Where there is despair, hope.
    Where there is darkness, light.
    Where there is sadness, joy.

    O Divine Master,
    grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
    to be understood, as to understand;
    to be loved, as to love.
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

    Amen.

    So in your mission to make the world better, start with your little corner of the world. Be the best man, husband, father that you can be. Show them your love, share your kindness, be an example of integrity. It takes courage to face the daily challenges of life. It isn't an easy road.

    Love and prayers,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete